Breaking the rules

Last Thursday I did a talk at the local camera club about professional lighting techniques. Afterwards I demonstrated various techniques such as bounce flash and wireless flash.

One of the members was kind enough to model for me so I could explain how I set my cameras, he was amazed that I turn all the automated features off and set the camera and flash manually.

Attached is a head shot from the demonstration and I have converted it to black and white using the blue channel. This is normally a no-no but I find it works well with men with rugged looks.

Hopefully the member doesn't mind me posting this portrait but I like it a lot and will be looking at this rule breaking black and white conversion technique for other male portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment below.