Gail and Derek

Three weeks ago I assisted Nikki McLeod, who I consider to be Fife's top female wedding photographer, at the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh.

I've wanted to assist Nikki McLeod for sometime as I admire her creative vision, her use of natural light, the way she uses angles and some of her fisheye work.

While Nikki was doing the getting ready shots I was at the Royal College of Physicians for the shots of the Derek, his best man and the guests arriving.

For the ceremony I photographed from the balcony while Nikki photographed from the aisle. All the wedding photographs can be viewed in full here.

Many wedding photographers assist one another, to learn different approaches and for back up in case of illness. It was a pleasure working with Nikki - she's a lovely woman.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you Martin, for your assistance and wonderful second shooting on the day, and the lovely comments you put in this blog entry.

    It was a pleasure working with you, and hope we can do it again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment below.