End of the line

A photographer who I greatly admire is Michael Kenna. He creates amazing moody black and white landscape images, often using very long exposures, during what appears to be moonlight. I have a project in mind this weekend that involves moonlight and a long exposure. (The moon was full yesterday – which may explain my sudden desire to launch my blog!) Hopefully I’ll be posting back this weekend with a moonlit landscape of my own.

One of my favourite landscape images of 2006, shown above, is called “End of the line” and was taken during foggy conditions early one Sunday morning on Loch Lomond a short drive from Rowardennan Youth Hostel. I have entered this photograph into the monochrome section of the SWPP August Print Competition. This is another landscape that doesn’t appear on my web site, over the next few weeks I plan to upload some unseen landscapes on my blog while I decide how to update my main web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment below.